T-20 days and I’m off to Qatar.
Last night I had friends over to celebrate my career move and wish me well. We had a great time and I’m glad I took the opportunity to celebrate in that way. As we gathered, it made me really think about some of the things that I will miss about home. So this week’s blog is about the things I’ll miss most about the Pacific NW.
- I’ll miss my neighbors and my neighborhood. We have been fortunate to have a great group of people on our street. I love when we get together; it’s always great fun and boy, do we have stories to tell!
- I have to say, I’ll especially miss Shawn & David. That fateful day the cab never showed up to take me to the airport and Shawn willingly saved the day, has turned into a great friendship. They have been there for me through thick & thin! Truly the best!
- The beautiful scenery. With great mountains and lush greenery, this place is breathtaking. It’s what drew me here and I’ve loved every minute of it.
- Great hiking. Even though I’ve not done much, I can appreciate the great hiking that this area has to offer. There are few things more invigorating than to experience such a natural environment.
- Gardening. Jaden turned me on to gardening when he was in third grade. Over the last few years, it really has become something that I’ve enjoyed. It’s become therapeutic for me to take care of the garden. I always have more produce than I need and I love sharing. Surely I can grow something in the dessert. I’m determined to figure that out when I get to Doha.
- The people. Overall, the vibe in the Portland & Vancouver area is one of relaxation and ease. People are friendly and approachable and welcoming. I have enjoyed that about the Pacific NW.
- Lastly, my #Kimpton Hotel staycations. Yes, there are #Kimpton Hotels in other parts of the country as well. However, I have spent many nights gaining restoration as I relaxed at a #Kimpton hotel. WIth great rooms, good customer service, great food, and complimentary wine hour, #KimtonPDX and #KimptonSEA have served me well. The best in the hospitality industry.
So those are the things that I will miss most as I leave for Doha. Until next time…